
Barau FC’s forward, Nana Abraham, says he is feeling much better after recovering from the injury he sustained during the violent scenes that disrupted his team’s Matchday 12 encounter with Katsina United.
“Good, I am feeling better right now. Actually, our medical team did their best in treating my injuries,” Nana Abraham told Barau FC’s media.
He expressed disappointment over the incident and urged fans to embrace fair play. “It’s unfortunate what happened. Football is not a war, you can either win, draw, or lose. We’ve played five home games, won one, drawn three, and lost one, nothing happened. So why should we be attacked here?” he said.
Remember that the Nigeria Premier Football League imposed a fine of ₦9 million on Katsina United and ordered the club to play their remaining home matches in Jos, behind closed doors.
Meanwhile, in Lafia, Nasarawa United’s head coach, Mbwas Mangut, couldn’t hide his frustration after his side was held to a 1-1 draw by Kwara United in front of home fans.
Anas Yusuf gave the Solid Miners a dream start just two minutes into the game, but Aule Johnmark’s 36th-minute equaliser denied them maximum points.
“This really is not the result we had wanted. It’s painful to drop points in front of your supporters, particularly going by what we have done so far and the expectations of everyone,” Mangut told the club’s media.
The coach attributed the result to fatigue after a tight run of fixtures. “The players were exhausted. We have had a cluster of games in a short period, away in Port Harcourt, Thursday in Lafia, and today again. It’s taken its toll on the team because we didn’t have the same level of energy and intensity that we have shown in previous matches,” he added.
Despite the disappointment, Nasarawa United remain top of the NPFL table, holding on to their impressive start to the season.